FacePRO™ Facial Recognition System
Now with Deep Learning Technology
The FacePRO™ Facial Recognition Solution automatically matches a person’s face using live or recorded video from Panasonic i-PRO cameras to a database of enrolled faces and performs notification and alerting of face matches.
It provides a real-time processing capacity of up to 20 cameras per server and can execute high-speed searches of up to 30,000 registered reference faces.
- Automatically Matches Subject Face using live / captured video
- Advanced Age and Gender Analytics Reporting
- Enrollment of 30,000 “Known Faces” into “Watch Lists”
- Up to 20 Cameras on a Server w/ 10 million-face DB Capacity
Unregistered Face Detection feature implemented from V2.0
Fast multicamera face matching on both live and previously captured video
Real-time processing capacity of up to 20 cameras* per server with a 10 million-face database capacity
Enrollment of 30,000 “Known Faces” into “Watch Lists” for Instant Match Alerts
High-speed search of video recordings based on reference faces (5 million captured faces searched in about 3 seconds)
Flexible alarm triggers on matched faces using live cameras
Requires ASM300 client software Compatible with Video Insight 7.2 or later as plugin
Compatible with Genetec Security Center 5.4 or later
Compatible with Milestone XProtect Corporate 2019 R2(13.2a) or later
Ideal for Panasonic customers who have either WJ-NX400 or WJ-NX200/300 NVR
Utilizes Face Best-Shot option (SAE-ASF), available for Panasonic i-PRO cameras (WV-S1131, WV-S1111 and WV-S6130 models and WV-S2531LTN, WV-SPN631, WV-SPN611, WV-SPN531, WV-SPN311 models and WV-SFV631LT model)
High precision Top-tier facial recognition engine evaluated by NIST
- The deep learning technology used in the new software was jointly developed with the National University of Singapore and improves facial recognition performance by up to 500%*3 compared to conventional systems.
*3 Rejection rate reduced to 20% when the wrong person acceptance rate is set to 0.01 with the IJB-A face image dataset.
- A unique algorithm that combines deep learning, a machine learning method, with a similarity calculation method that suppresses errors, enables recognition in situations that were difficult with conventional facial recognition technology, such as when the face is angled (up to 45 degrees to the left or right or 30 degrees up or down), partially hidden with sunglasses, or changed by aging.
*4 Scheduled for launch by the end of 2018
- Face orientation
After:±40° or more
- Hidden face part (Sunglasses)
After: Dark color lens
Before: Light color lens
iA function and Best Shot images maximize facial recognition engine performance and provide high recognition precision
- The iA function enables cameras to automatically detect the scene and automatically optimize the settings accordingly to improve the detectability of the video images. The camera automatically detects the moving objects, movement speed, faces, and light intensity (day/night/headlights) found in video that are usually hard to see due to subject movement and backlight, and optimizes the settings in real-time and capture more optimal video of the subject.
- The Best Shot License Key included with this software can be installed on Panasonic i-PRO EXTREME series network cameras (sold separately) to automatically select the images suitable for facial recognition from the multiple face images captured when a person passes in front of the camera, and send only those selected images to the server. This enables high-quality images suitable for facial recognition to be sent without putting a load on the server.
Reduced server and network load
FacePRO system that combines this product with cameras that include the iA function allows faces to be detected by the camera and only the Best Shot images that contain faces to be sent to the server, which dramatically decreases network load and eliminates the need for large bandwidth. Performing facial recognition on the server using the Best Shot images reduces server load and hard drive capacity requirements Tab3 Expanded Search Capabilities Simple batch registration of a maximum of 10,000 faces is possible with the standard Facial Recognition Server Software (WV-ASF950). The optional Face Registration Expansion Kit (WV-ASFE951W) enables registration of up to 30,000. Facial Recognition Matching Capabilities One of the major advantages of the Facial Recognition Solution is the level of control it gives you from a central point of management. Thanks to the direct connection between camera and server, you can control and gather insight from up to 20 remote cameras from one server, at the same time.
Expanded Search Capabilities
Simple batch registration of a maximum of 10,000 faces is possible with the standard Facial Recognition Server Software (WV-ASF950). The optional Face Registration Expansion Kit (WV-ASFE951W) enables registration of up to 30,000.
People counting, Age & Gender
The software also features an analytics section. In this area, a user is given the ability to analyze statistics such as people counting, and also allows them to detect age and gender. The system will then display the relevant information in an accessible manner.
- Count people of detected face and evaluate their age and gender.
- Display the result on the screen with statistical graph.
- The statistical data can be saved as a CSV file for analytical use.
Facial Recognition Matching Capabilities
One of the major advantages of the Facial Recognition Solution is the level of control it gives you from a central point of management. Thanks to the direct connection between camera and server, you can control and gather insight from up to 20 remote cameras from one server, at the same time. With face matching and visual analysis carried out by the system in real time, your operator can easily access any recorded images related to that face or customer, via the GUI in their monitoring software.
- When it is matched with registered people, alarm of face matching is output in real-time, and display an alarm history in the list.
- Specified screen image can be played back on control monitor with double-clicking on an alarm history.